Monday 8/31

Journal:

I design an experiment to see how different liquids affect a tomato plant’s growth. I think that if I “water” the tomato plant with a sugary drink then it will grow faster than if I “water” it with normal water or a salty drink. I get three tomato plants and pot them in the same size of pot with the same soil. I place them all in the same window on the same side of the house and “water” them every day at 5:00pm. One plant is watered with water, one with 7Up, and one with V8 juice. I record the plant’s growth each day for 30 days. In this example, identify the following:
a. hypothesis
b. independent variable
c. dependent variable
d. constants
e. control
f. question

Today I collected your Coin Lab, then we worked on a series of worksheets to review the scientific method and parts of the experiment.

Here is the link to all 3 worksheets:


HW:  none, just make sure to  bring your papers back with you tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment